Recently we brought you the news, that Samsung will be coming out with their own 360 degree camera for consumers.
In the meantime, the Samsung Gear 360 has been released.
The recommended selling price for the device in europe is €349.
The Samsung Gear 360
What does €349 get you?
The Samsung Gear 360, like the 360FLY and the Nikon Keymission 360, falls in the actioncam category. For that money you are getting a second generation 360 degree camera. It is called second generation, because it sets itself apart from the more mainstream 360 cameras like the Ricoh Theta.
The camera is just a little bigger than a ping pong ball and weighs only 150 grams.
The device is easy to use and provides almost seamless stitching. This takes away the need, to meticulously edit photos or videos to get a proper 360° result.
If you use the Gear 360 in combination with a Samsung smartphone, you will be able to use it to control the camera and view the image in realtime. Using a cable or wifi, you can transfer the images you shot to your PC. There you can easily edit them and send your finished video to YouTube360.
The most fun part about this camera, is putting your phone in a Samsung Gear VR, to watch the 360 images in realtime or play around with the footage you have just shot.
The specifications of the device are as follows:
- The camera produces images at 2x15MP.
- It can shoot video in 4K UHD which is a resolution of 3840×1920 pixels with 30 FPS.
- The device is fitted with wifi and bluetooth.
- The available options are video, photo, time-lapse and loop video.
Sharing content is made easy with the Gear 360: in just a few easy steps you can go from fiming, stitching and editing to sharing.
- The Samsung Gear 360 also really deserves the name of actioncamera. The IP53 certification means the device will be resistant to harmful influences like dust and water drops.
The device is provided with enough power by the 1350 MAH li-ion battery and supports MicroSD cards up to 128GB.